What Information About Me Is Collected and Stored?
We collect two basic types of information from you in conjunction with your use of the Service: personal information and non-personal information. Personal information is information that you supply to us, as described more fully below, i.e., when you use our Service. Personal information is any information that can individually identify you and includes, among other things, your name, e-mail address, telephone number, postal address, credit card, billing and contact information. Non-personal information includes information that does not personally identify you, but it may include tracking and usage information about your location, demographics, use of the Service and the Internet.
As a general matter, you can browse the Service without submitting your personal information to us. However, there are a number of circumstances in which you may supply us or our agents with your personal information. The following lists the most common ways in which we may collect your personal information:
- Placement of an order by telephone or through an authorized representative;
- Request for customer service, support requests or other assistance;
- Service related communications, e.g. order verification; or
- Any other place on the Service where you knowingly volunteer personal information.
In addition, when you interact with the Service, we may collect certain information that does not identify you individually and our servers may automatically keep an activity log of your use of our Service (“Non-Personal Information”). Generally, we collect and store the following categories of Non-Personal Information:
- Non-identifiable demographic data such as age, gender, and five digit zip code as part of collecting personal information;
- Device information about your computer, browser, mobile device, or other device that you use to access the Service. This information may include IP address, geolocation information, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language, and other transactional information;
- Analytics and usage information about your use of the Service;
- Additional “traffic data” and log files such as time of access, date of access, software crash reports, session identification number, access times, and referring Service addresses; or
- Other information regarding your use of the Service.
Collection of Information From Other Sources
We also may collect information about you that we may receive from other sources or from our offline interactions with you to, among other things, enable us to verify or update information contained in our records and to better customize the Service for you. We may also collect Personal Information from credit reporting agencies to, for example, determine your creditworthiness, credit score, and credit usage, in accordance with applicable laws.
We use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies. We do not use flash cookies, web storage, web beacons or other technology that tracks your browsing history across multiple Services.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We use the information we learn from you to help us personalize and continually improve your experience on the Service. We may use your Personal and Non-Personal Information in the following ways:
- To communicate with you about your transactions with us (including service related announcements) and send you information about features and enhancements on our Service.
- To communicate with you about changes to our policies.
- To personalize content and experiences on our Service, including providing you reports, recommendations and feedback based on your preferences.
- To disclose anonymized Personal Information to disclose statistics and analytics and other details regarding the use of our Service.
- To optimize or improve our products, services and operations.
- To detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal.
Use of Your Location Information
Specifically, we use your location information to:
- Personalize content on our Service;
- Optimize or improve our products, services and operations;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal; and
- Perform statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of the Service.
Who Do We Provide Your Information To?
Business Partners and Third Parties
We may share your Personal Information with our other business partners from time to time. You may withdraw your consent to our sharing of your Personal Information with business partners and third parties at any time by following the opt-out process described below.
We have third party agents who act as authorized representatives and resellers. These entities have access to the Personal Information needed to perform their functions and are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of that Personal Information. They are restricted from using, selling, distributing or altering this data in any way other than to provide the requested services to the Service.
We may also use or disclose Personal Information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to applicable law or comply with legal process served on us or the Service; (b) protect and defend our rights or property, the Service or our users; or (c) act under emergency circumstances to protect the personal safety of us, our affiliates, agents, or the users of the Service or the public. This includes exchanging information with other companies for fraud protection.
What Steps Are Taken To Keep Personal Information Secure?
We are concerned about ensuring the security of your Personal Information. We exercise great care in providing secure transmission of your information from your device to our servers. Personal Information collected by our Service is stored in secure operating environments that are not available to the public. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose your Personal Information to you. Please understand, however, that while we try our best to safeguard your Personal Information once we receive it, no transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
How Can We Transfer Your Personal Information?
How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
Following termination or deactivation of your account, we and our service providers may retain information for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes. If you have any questions about termination or deactivation of your account, please contact us directly at email@example.com.
What Happens When I Link To or From Another Service?
Changes to This Policy
What Are Your Choices and How Do You Opt-Out?
We believe you should have choices about the collection, use and sharing of your information. Although you cannot opt-out of all data collection when you visit our sites, you can limit the collection, use and sharing of your personally identifiable information.
Collection of Personal Information. All personally identifiable information is provided on a voluntary basis. If you do not want us to collect such information, you should not submit it to the Service.
Emails and Other Communications. If you would like to alter the type of communications you receive from us, including opting out of promotional communications from us, you may do so at any time by following the opt-out instructions in the email invitation.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information. If you have an account with us, you may review and change your information calling us. You will not be permitted to examine the Personal Information of any other person or entity and may be required to provide us with Personal Information to verify your identity prior to accessing any records containing information about you. We may not accommodate a request to change or delete Personal Information if we believe doing so would violate any law or legal requirement, or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers of ours who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of their personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.